Saturday, August 23, 2014

Arlen Siu park (15) Volunteering (10) Leon (9) Photos (7) Nicaragua a great (7) Zoo (7) Recycling (


When you live in a country with countless beautiful beaches you like to spend much time on these beaches. What I love about the beaches is that they look different every single day, and you never know what you will find just the day. I often go for long walks on the beach with dogs and I make sure to always a great have with me a bag so that I can take home with me whatever I had to find. Most often it is beautiful shells and fine stones are found owed on land, and I have therefore become something of a seashell-collecting.
So, what to do with all these shells collected in a big box in the beach house? But I'm so lucky that I have a beach house I can decorate, so it's just to let your creativity loose!
I tend to make me a little shell-yard on the weekends when I have the time, where I make different decorations for the house. I wash the shells in soapy water to away all the sand and so the 'sea-stench' disappears, so stains I use them so they do not lose the nice colors.
On these shells workshops mine I have made various shells suspension, a great shell mirrors and door signs with room numbers on the Rigo's Guest House. However, most of the shells lying around on tables as table decoration and to keep the liner in place. The stones I tend to paint or write on and then use them also as table decor and to hold the sheets in place.
For me it has become meditation walk along the beach and shells while the waves crash up against my feet - then I can drop the mind totally free. I often go and think about how amazing it is that the ocean and insects produce these beautiful works of art. Sometimes I get interrupted by the waves steal back a shell I've got your eye on, so I just have to jump in, hoping to spot my taxes again. That's exactly what it is for me; a treasure hunt. When you have gone long and stared and stared down into the sand, and then suddenly you spot a huge, beautiful and completely undamaged shells just lying there waiting for you - then it's like a little fireworks in my stomach!
Number of visitors
2014 (1) January (1) 2013 (4) July (4) 2012 (15) December (1) May (3) April (2) March (5) Environmental women Malingsdag a great in Arlen Siu park 3 clam-craze Malingsdag in Arlen Siu park 2 Malingsdag in Arlen Siu park February (1) January (3) 2011 (32) December (1) November (4) October (4) September ( 1) August (3) June (2) May (3) April (2) March (5) February a great (1) January (6) 2010 (11) December (7) November ( 3) October (1)
Arlen Siu park (15) Volunteering (10) Leon (9) Photos (7) Nicaragua a great (7) Zoo (7) Recycling (6) Monkeys (5) Hostal Calle de los Poetas (5) The Monkey Republic (5) Cerro Negro (3) Chele Loco (3) Daniel Ortega (3) Spider monkey (3) Volcano (3) cage (3) Garbage (3) Embassy (2) Amnesty (2) Arnaldo Aleman (2) Banana Paper (2) Banana (2) Capuchin monkey (2) Chila (2) Costa Rica (2) Estelí (2) FLSN (2) Fundación Amigos del Parque a great Arlen Siu (2) Las Peñitas (2) Managua (2) Pesticides a great (2) Proyecto de Mujeres Ambientalistas Boris Vega (2) Beach (2) Election 2011 (2) sunset (2) ARCAS (1) Bordertown (1) Chele (1) Ciudad Juarez (1) Animal Law (1) Flor de Caña (1) Flores ( 1) Gandhi (1) Granada (1) Green Pathways (1) Guatemala (1) Health (1) Isla Juan Venado (1) Catholic Church (1) War (1) La Isla Foundation (1) Mangrove wood (1) Masaya (1) Environmental (1) Nature reserve (1) Plantations (1) Plaza Subtiaba (1) Rainy season (1) Rio San Juan (1) Sugar (1) Sugar Plantation (1) The Price of Sugar (1) Tucan (1) Petition (1) Raccoon (1) Video (1) abortion (1) abortion a great (1) sustainable tourism (1) animal cruelty (1) femicide (1) cockfight (1) crocodile a great (1) woman murders (1) turtle (1) trinket sellers (1) tourists (1) electoral fraud (1)


No comments:

Post a Comment