Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The last time I spoke before my classmates cup warmers is on April 1986, that was almost 22 years ag


It is rested on a branch of tree you called LIFE, there are many other birds who passed by - some give love, friendship or hardship but the most important is they left a feather to make the nest strong to face whatever weather will come.
The last time I spoke before my classmates cup warmers is on April 1986, that was almost 22 years ago and my parting words is that “this is not goodbye but rather so long and until we meet again”. Today, it becomes a reality and not only for me but for the hundreds of graduates this school had produced. cup warmers Nothing change for me since I left this school, I am the same student & friend. The only change I had is my age and the biological changes that is taking place in my body – cup warmers big belly, poor eyesight, minor aches, cup warmers dental problems but definitely not impotence. cup warmers These are just natural elements of the aging process. Before I continue, I would like to give thanks and show our appreciation to the following: To our Teachers – thank you for all the patience and understanding you’ve shown, we are just a little boys and girls then who are beginning to explore this world. You provided us with the tools – love, thrust, patience, simplicity and right values so we can travel the road. There are lots of humps and bumps but you thought us how to face it and we learn from it. Our journey becomes not just bearable but pleasant because of your help. Maari po bang mag-sitayo ang ating mga guro – mga kamag-aral cup warmers bigyan po natin sila ng masigabong palakpakan…………Salamat po Ma’am. To my classmates – thank you for being a good friend, I’m glad I have friends cup warmers like you. After high school, our friendship becomes cup warmers stronger – we’ve laughed together, dined together, cried together, worship together but I’m still waiting the time on when we can study the bible together. No man is designed to be alone. He needs friends and his friends need him, too. The only reason why friendship last is because love is there. Ngayon, magpasalamat kayo sa mga classmate natin na dumalo at marami pa kayong mapag-uusapan mamaya. To Mrs. Francisca Valarao, our Mommy – thank you for establishing this school, it becomes a beacon in the community and it continues cup warmers to do so. Look at your alumni, Mommy. These are the quality of graduates this school has produced; they are indeed the pride of our dear land as what the lyrics in our school hymn. Salamat po, Mommy Valarao. Now, I’ve seen that almost of our alumni are successful in life and success for me can be defined as having a happy and content family. The title of my talk this afternoon is composed of three little words – COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. Look around you, this is the school we attended in high school. Each part of this school has a story. For four years this has become our second home, in here we have our laughter’s, sadness and even heartaches. cup warmers Who can forget that? Me! I can never forget that - It is always been a part of me. From that experiences and teachings we become strong cup warmers to face the game of what we called life. I wish all of our alumni were here today for this is not simply a get together but a coming home, a celebration of life and paid homage to our Lady of Lourdes who continue guiding us on our journey. Let me share some paragraph from a poem forwarded by my friend through e-mail entitled “Lord, Forgive Me When I whine.” Today, while on a bus, I saw a lovely girl with golden hair I envied her. She seemed so gay. And wished I were as fair, When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle She had one leg and wore a crutch; But as she passed…. A smile! Oh God, forgive me when I whine, I have two legs. The world is mine “Content makes poor men rich; discontent makes rich men poor’” say Benjamin Franklin. Very true, isn’t it? This poem reminds me of the saying that goes this way: “I had no shoes and complained until I met a man who had no feet. And then I was content”. Ang patuloy na pagtaas ng bilihin, sa kabila ng pag ganda ng piso. Ang kakulangan ng hanapbuhay at serbisyo publiko. Ang mga bagay na ito ang nagbibigay sa atin ng problema upang tayo mag-isip. The best way to deal with all these things is to simply remember: No person can ever be happy until he has learned to enjoy what he has, and not to worry over what he does not have. Let us count our blessings………. Our body parts are complete, we are alive and we are all given 24 hours in a day to be productive. Today is the most important day of my life, I say to myself every morning I wake up. Most mornings, I wake up to the alarm on my mobile phone. Amazing what this little piece of technology can do. While driving off to work, My wife and I listen to the sound of the soul by Father Larry Faraon on radio at 105.1 Cross Over. We have 15 minutes prayers to guide us for a days work. When work time is over. Home t

No comments:

Post a Comment