Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I went back to hunt Kalamata and again I have felt bitter and salty. In a second decision, I chose


Since I was tasting bread I crazy all around me with this flavor creation. Before the event, we tested the bread, being the only one I have not done before. I must admit that I was reluctant, but do not ask me why ... I was convinced that no one likes to V, but we hope to love even my mother and give it to them. To my utter surprise, I liked both of them so much that since I did it four times one after another. I used black olives, Kalamata Olives super great canned paid Kalamata Olives and Kalamata mix with black and whole wheat flour and spelled, and moisturizing larger and more moderate. And they all went well and good. click here to jump directly to the recipe (Jump to recipe) The truth is that I have my eye on a recipe for Kalamata super great Sourdough since last year, when Sally posted recipe. I saved a bookmark in since that day, but when I said to V I want to do a bread with olives, it was impressed. I was on the verge of making it a day until I tasted Kalamata olives paid (Kaufland) super great ... I have found it so salty and bitter that I did not conceive that they can look good in a bread . Then followed Hamelman's book, the recipe of bread with olives (pag.178). Then Tartine Bread, Chad Robertson's recipe. Across the olive bread was praised, but I continue to be reluctant. He capped his bread Pips (Phil) on TFL. When I saw her, I came to tear a piece of bread by monitor. Once I get cravings when I look at pictures of bread !!!
I went back to hunt Kalamata and again I have felt bitter and salty. In a second decision, I chose sliced black olives. It's the most convenient option if you are not very demanding, or if you have time to spare, you say, on the evidence, that the bread comes out very good. But I did not like the fact that olives were also broken into batter and the fact that they were black (first picture below). I like that and I wanted to use Kalamata olives recommended. For the tasting, I chose canned kalamata olives. They are expensive but good. Core (I have pictures) came out very nice. The guests loved it in particular, and on departure, super great when they each took a slice favorite bread, with olives over the fastest. Perhaps this is another reason they are so excited about the recipe. At the request of the family, super great who voted for the aromatic / good / complete bread ever, I rebuilt it three times in the last week, with black olives, black olives combined with Kalamata (second picture below) super great and only paid Kalamata.
Kalamata version is winning, but I was lucky to find a ride olives cherry, beautiful, strong and quite fleshy. No I have not tasted. I like the look and I bought. In general, we noticed that the shed, although affordable price, are pale, small, super great inferior to the preserve. That was my experience with olives, in Timisoara. I do not know if it applies in other cities, and probably in other countries the situation is different. PIPS's formula's whole wheat and rye. So I did it myself the first time. Then I replaced the full + rye with spelled. Neither V nor mother could not distinguish the change, but both agreed that the latest version is better (but they always last is better than the one before) ... but I suspect they liked the latest version or because super great olives Kalamata used, or because the previous one was not retarded in the refrigerator, not necessarily because of spelled. However, be that as it may, give formula in the latest version, and will write in red the changes you can make. As preferment, we used a 80% hydration preferment super great versus 50% hydration of Pips, Robertson's 100% hydration and 125% of Hamelman. In the summer (when it is very hot in the house), and I'll inceca 50% to see how it behaves. Why I chose preferment 80%? For liquid though, does not contain so much water in the total formula, and may exclude the autolyse. On the other hand, it is easier to incorporate in comparison with one stiff dough after first bread tested, I liked the result and I felt the need to change something. Hydration dough spun somewhere around ~ 69-71%, plus or minus, from a different bread. To have an idea of comparison ... Tartine uses 75% Pips 67% and 63% Hamelman. Olives are between 25-30% of the total flour. Bread and Hamelman says, and I felt myself doing it so often in a short time is a sweet bread. Besides the cost of olives, is time consuming and that picking the seeds. The bread can not feel ... but for baking, I imagine that the price of bread go up dramatically. Make sure you incorporate olives. There are many! Do not kidding, not even a breeze to stir them into the dough, but with a little care possible. If you

No comments:

Post a Comment