Tuesday, March 3, 2015

There are more important things than culture. I do not accept sea shells of sanibel the cultural ar


Este blog basicamente trata de ideias, if possivel inteligentes, para pessoas inteligentes. Ele também is ocupa aplicadas to política sea shells of sanibel de ideias, em especial to política Economica. Ele constitui uma tentativa of manter um pensamento crítico e independente livros sober, sober Questões culturais em geral, focando numa discussão bem informada sobre temas de Relações internacionais e política externa do Brasil. Meus livros para ver o e ensaios website: www.pralmeida.org.
Of the employees of a production line in the electronics business Etron Suzhou in Suzhou, China. Reuters / Aly Song / Reuters NEW YORK, CORRESPONDENT - Established since 2005 in New York, Ian Buruma has become one of the most prominent intellectuals in the United sea shells of sanibel States. He works at the New York Review of Books, The New York Times and the New Yorker. Multilingual (Dutch, English, German, Chinese, Japanese and French, what he says), he was the editor of the cultural pages of the Far Eastern Economic Review, Hong Kong, and The Spectator, London. Now a professor of democracy, human rights and journalism at the University Bard - "way of saying that I teach what I want is the charm of the American university system," he says, laughing - It is a versatile and prolific author. We questioned this broad intellectual focal length, price Erasmus 2008, its original specialty: China and the Far East.
My father is Dutch, my English mother of German Jewish origin. Asia and America were added by chance. Very young Chinese student in language and literature, I was a film buff. One day, I saw in Paris and Board (1970), by François Truffaut. The character of Antoine Doinel it falls for the Japanese ... and me too! At the time, could not go to China. So I turned to Japan, where I studied film and participated in the Dairakudakan dance troupe. sea shells of sanibel America came to me late, when I was asked to teach there. I always feel more European sea shells of sanibel than American. One European married to a Japanese and perfectly at home in New York, the city's diversity.
I'm not "progressive". This is what so conservative sea shells of sanibel countries are the United States that I really pushed to the left! I was least in Europe and Asia. I never admitted complacency leftists for all sorts of potentates under the pretext of accepting differences. I am opposed to the ideology of multiculturalism. When the term describes sea shells of sanibel a reality, it suits me. Factually, I multicultural. But the idea that people must always preserve all their roots is absurd. In the famous case of an honor crime in Germany, where the judge felt that the criminal had extenuating circumstances sea shells of sanibel because of its original culture, I consider it wrong.
There are more important things than culture. I do not accept sea shells of sanibel the cultural argument to justify circumcision. At the same time, I am more tolerant than French law for the display of religious symbols. A police or a teacher sea shells of sanibel is prohibited from wearing the niqab in office, sea shells of sanibel yes. A person in the street, no. This type of ban is only one way to deter unpopular people to join an unpopular religion.
The two phenomena are not similar. This frightened the Americans a generation ago, it was the visibility of Japanese Mitsubishi redeemed Rockefeller Center, Toyota hurtling, etc. Their marks were very visible. Moreover, in American sea shells of sanibel history, the Japanese are suspects. Today, Americans say that if the Chinese sea shells of sanibel come to power that had the Japanese, they will be much more dangerous. sea shells of sanibel But on the bottom, the Japanese threat had been greatly exaggerated and the Chinese threat is just as. First, the lack of intellectual freedom in China remains a major obstacle to its development. Then the interest of both parties to maintain links prevail over the forces pushing the conflict.
By fantasies sea shells of sanibel you hear fear. It is based: the rise of China will only reduce the power and American influence in the world. After 1945, the United States has become Asia's gendarme. This is no longer the case. Populist fears are also based on socio-economic reasons. But I do not think they reach the level of anti-Japanese fears of the late 1980s and the fears of Chinese economic influence are mostly concentrated in the states of the old economy, where in

No comments:

Post a Comment